This set includes:
- ‘Kiridashi’ (skew angled) knife
- Flat knife
- Gouge knife
- Two small hinoki Japanese cypress timber blocks for making teaspoons
- Two small (75mm x 115mm) sanding papers (#80 / #800)
- Timber box
- Instruction how to make a spoon
The perfect set for those who want to get into hand carving and spoon making by Michihamono from Miki City, Hyogo Japan. Their tools are highly regarded by both hobby carvers and professionals including Buddhism statue and traditional timber mask (Nomen) artists.
The three knives are 9mm of the width (blade), made of Japanese carbon steel, Aogami (Blue Paper) No.2 which is easy to sharpen and have good edge retention and have 145mm long timber handles.
Included carving knives:
- Kiridashi is used to make large cuts. Also the edge is used for detailed work.
- Flat knife is used to shave the wood surface or smooth out grooves made after carving with a different type of carving knife. Both the front and back of the blade can be used.
- Gouge knife is used to remove the timber for the scooped parts of the spoon.
Please note that it gets rusty if you leave them in wet as it's carbon steel.
The carving knives are very sharp so handle with care and keep out of reach from children.
CUTLERY CARVING KNIVES SET
Blade material: Aogami Blue Paper No 2 carbon steel
Blade Width: 9mm
Blade Length: 30mm
Handle Material: Japanese white birch
Total knife length: 175mm
Weight: Knives 20-24g/each, set total - 225g
If your product is faulty, please let us know within 7 days after receipt of the product.
Product of $50 or less: We will exchange the product.
Products of over $50: If the problem is major, we will exchange the product. If the problem is minor and repairable, we will repair and return. If we cannot repair in a reasonable time, you can have a choice of refund or replacement.